Discover how simple good improv can be. Learn to trust yourself and stop overthinking. Overcome your obstacles and learn to perform effortlessly. Let's figure out where you and your group want to go - I will get you there.
[UPDATE: If you're looking for a team, I'm now running Friday Daytime Drop-Ins for only $15 - https://goo.gl/forms/5AmgTJtujkAh3irF3]
As a professional coach with 20 years experience, I can coach students from any theater and have developed practice regimens for both personal and team growth. As a former member of the UCB administration, I know the curriculum intimately and will be of great use to UCB students looking for new approaches. Likewise, I studied at Reckless and was on a team at Annoyance, so if you're curious about those approaches, I can show you.
I love helping new teams launch, young teams destroy in competitions, and experienced teams find new ways to focus and hone their work or even learn or create new forms. I also offer corporate workshops in creativity, team building, and communication, as well as one-on-one coaching via webcam or in person. Also available for sketch consultation.
We all face the same challenges in improv, but everyone's brain works differently, so I'm constantly finding better and varied ways to teach an improv that hits hard but is easy to get into. I will give you 100% as a coach and be available via email/chat to help you chart your course.
Have classes put you in your head? Do game/second beats/pattern game/group games seem mystifying? Let's break it all down and put you in control so it can goback to being easy and fun.
Let's reach and see what else you can do.
* Have been teaching improv since 1999.
* Have taught or coached more than 4,000 hours in New York City and internationally since 2013.
* Former UCB registrar/diversity scholarship liaison
* Six-time Superior (A) UCB Student.
* Creator of Thunderbolt Comedy improv teams and education center
* Multiple runs of shows at both UCB and Annoyance
* Have coached UCB, Magnet, PIT, Reckless, Annoyance, Armory, Thunderbolt Comedy, and QSIC performers.
* Former member of Annoyance house team Manowar and UCB show The Improvised Documentary.
My students have gone on to write, direct, or star in such things as:
* Saturday Night Live
* The President Show
* Inside Amy Schumer
* Kroll Show
* Silicon Valley
* New Girl
* Brooklyn Nine-Nine
* Happy Endings
****Please note that I have a 48-hour cancellation policy. If you need to make any drastic changes, be sure to let me know as soon as possible.****